Saturday, June 6, 2015

On the Road...

We have begun our trip out west. It is somewhat of a "dream" trip, well, at least to me. We are headed to Colorado, where I grew up, and then on to the Grand Canyon.  My heart feels at home there. It is a feeling I never really had until I went for a visit to Durango, in the mountains, a few years back, after living in Michigan.
We are headed to visit the multiple homes, neighborhoods, and schools, of which I grew up. Jake is very excited to see where I played, and where I walked to school, everyday, while going to "year round" school. I am excited too! I have heard how much it has changed, and how there is much gang activity now that it has grown. Curious!! I lived in 5 different homes in Colorado, and went to 4 different schools before moving back to Michigan when I was 15.
I have missed seeing the mountain range from my bedroom window. I have missed the prairie dogs burrowing all over the plains, and in each field. I have missed the "dry" heat, the beautiful Aspen trees, and the BUG-LESS (is that even a word?) nights. Oh, how I would love to be out in my backyard without a TON of mosquitos! Michigan has its own beauty, as a state, but Colorado is where my heart is.
Our little family is driving out west. Scott and I, both, have 2 weeks off from work, and the only reservation made, at this time, is for 3 nights at the North Rim of the Grand Canyon, where we will be staying with the Fisher Family. Without them prompting this trip, we would not be on the road. I need pushes like that. I procrastinate, and then miss opportunities. So, we are on the road, yay!!! We left around 3:30 pm. We are hoping to get to Des Moines, Iowa, tonight, then will continue on to Colorado tomorrow.





Some random canned goods at one of the mini-marts we stopped at. (contents were none of the titled ingredients, haha!)



We decided to make our first stop earlier than we normally do when traveling on the road. We found a decent room that included a pool and breakfast. We are hoping for a "Pleasant Stay". At this time, the beds are a bit small, and being only full sized beds, with big people, I don't see a night of great sleep! There are only 2 beds for the 5 of us. (And Jake just farted on me! and he stinks!)

No comments:

Post a Comment