Saturday, June 20, 2015

Tuesday-Crazy Hikers




Tuesday.
I set my alarm for 5:30 today. I wanted to get up and see the sunrise. I woke up at 5:10 and it was already light out. It wasn’t as golden as I imagined, so I stayed in bed until 6am. I got up and walked around the lodge, put some stuff in our car, then went back to the lodge to sit and edit pictures outside, overlooking the rim. It was quiet. There was a little chipmunk that kept scurrying around me. I was surprised there weren’t more people out there. I went back to the cabin around 7, and the “hikers” were getting up and around.


















  The hikers; Scott Fisher, Scott Anderson, Jim, Jenny, and Austin, decided to hike the Kaibob Trail. You are able to reach the bottom of the canyon this way, but they didn’t make it all the way down there. It was very steep, and difficult to go down, but even more difficult to get back up. It took them about four and a half hours, and the temperature reached 95 degrees while they were down there. They were all BEAT when they got back.


No comments:

Post a Comment