Monday, June 8, 2015

Old Stomping Grounds

I moved to Colorado when I was five. I was half way through kindergarten when we moved from Spring Lake. We lived in a townhouse in The Timbers. It was NOT that big, but we made do. It was pretty cool living there as a kid because there was a community pool, tennis courts, playgrounds, and a TON of kids. When I was young, we were outside all the time. We moved out of this town home when I was in third grade. We then moved into a house, but stayed in the Mission Viejo Elementary School. In fifth grade (during the school year, again), we moved into Smoky Hill Schools. I went to Trails West Elementary for fifth and sixth grade. (I forgot to take a picture of this school.....rats!). In seventh and eight grade, both of my old schools met up at Laredo Middle School. It was nice to see old friends again. In ninth grade I went on to high school at Smoky Hill High School, but we moved to Michigan the day BEFORE tenth grade started, and I continued on in Grand Haven. Wow, that is a LOT of moving! NOT fun at all, but that's life.


This rocky area used to be a waterfall that my sister, Heidi, and I used to play on. This tunnel used to be so HUGE to me! It was the go through from the town homes to shopping center that was newly built after we lived there. It never had a no trespassing sign when we were there. In the winter, during blizzards, we would get a ton of snow and it would drift really good down there, so we always made really cool tunnels. It was awesome!! The small picture is of the playground that was basically out my front door, but it was way cooler and had a neat wooden boat we always played on.






 All my houses!
All my schools!




No comments:

Post a Comment