Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Mom Stuff

So, I haven't gotten on here as much as I thought that I would, having the mornings "kid free" and all! OK, 2 weeks into school and I have already been on a field trip with Jake's class, and have volunteered in Ryan's class. I LOVE to spend time with their classes, to meet their teachers, see how they interact with the other students, and to meet the other kids.

I was surprised by Jake. I walked with his class to the SL library for their field trip. I was the "caboose" of the line, which meant that I walked in the back. He stayed with me the whole way, even held my hand most of the time. My heart wants to just explode while writing about this. I loved every minute of it! He is 8, and still willing to hold my hand in front of his "friends", or classmates! Whoo hoooo, I love that little guy! He has always been an affectionate little guy with such a dear heart. I hope that we can hold hands for many years to come. He was also more quiet than he normally is when I see him with his classmates. This is a new class, and none of his regular "friends" are in the class with him, so that may have something to do with it, but he was still quiet, non the less. He still interacted with the other kids, and they were definitely playing, making plans, and talking to him.

Ryan's class time was great too. I got to see the other kids, interact with them, and see how Ryan is in his young 5's class, which he LOVES!! He really has a good class, with only one little guy that is a little rambunctious, that is Darrell. Darrell was also in his preschool class, so they were immediate friends, of course. He has many nice kids in his class. Ry's class is a whole different dynamic than Jake's was. Jake's class had all kinds of naughty kids in it. (not even joking) Ryan's class was quiet, followed direction, and even knew how to just be kids, entertaining themselves without being disruptive. I watched Ryan do his papers, art, and puzzles. When he was done, he and and a little girl, sat quietly in the reading corner reading books. SO cute!!!

I really cherish the fact that I work part time, and am able to spend most of my days with my kids doing "mom" stuff. I am very fortunate! (and thankful for Scott!)

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Too Big?

Last night, we tried Ryan on a two wheeled bike. It was soooooooooooo stinking easy for him to actually get it, that we should have done it a long time ago. I think that Grandpa Jim had a little bit to do with that. He took right off, and only fell once this morning when he went out before going to school.



Another huge feat for my little kid. I say that because, he is not so little, I guess. I mean, "little kids" don't ride 2 wheeled bikes, or take the bus to school. I guess he is becoming a big kid, which makes me so happy for him, but so sad knowing that he is getting too big to stay home with me and do the little kids things anymore.
OK, so, who am I fooling, he is still little!!!
A little help from his brother, Jakey, as Ryan calls him.

Silly Ryan

Today I went to volunteer in Ryan's class for ther first time. This is one of my all time favorite things to do! I love to meet their teacher, their classmates, and see how they interact in the classroom setting. It makes me so sad, that the older they get, the less the teacher allows you in the classroom to volunteer. (sniff sniff)

So, I am sitting at one of the little kindergarten tables stapeling some book order forms together for the teacher, Mrs. Ward, and I hear Ryan talk. He is in the circle, on the world rug, talking with his friends.

Ryan, "My mom is here in the class today......she has a weird shirt on."

Laughing in my head! Really? First the dissed kiss, now a weird shirt! Poor Ryan......(still laughing)!
So, here is my weird shirt!

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Diss my Kiss?

Yesterday morning, I brought the kids to school instead of having them ride the bus. Ryan forgot his backpack, so I went home to pick it up and bring it back to him.

I got back in his class just as everyone was still getting into their seats, so I give Ryan his back pack and bend down to give him a kiss. I meet him just in front of his lips, so he can come the rest of the way (like he always does), and he says to me.......

"Mom, you can just put that on my head"
Seriously? Did my little 4 year old boy just diss my kiss? What?

So, I said, "ya know, all the other kids in here kiss their moms too, it's ok", and I planted like 4 kisses on his lips!





These pics are from his first day in his young 5's class. He is now LOVING it there! His favorite thing is to ride the bus, and to have recess.


Monday, September 5, 2011

School Time Again

Tomorrow school starts. This is a big year, as ALL my kids will be going to school EVERY day! Ryan will only be doing half days, but it is still every day, AND he rides the bus!! He is so excited! I, however, am not quite sure how I feel. I am extremely excited for him, but at the same time, can't believe that my little baby is old enough to get on the bus without a parent. I am relieved that he will be on the bus with Jake and Amaya, so that is a comfort, knowing that they will be on there with him and protect him from all the big, bad kids on the bus. Ha Ha. Ryan will be in young 5's, and will be starting school when he is still 4 yrs old. He will be 5 at the end of the month. He will do well, and I am sure the teacher will LOVE him!!

Amaya is in 5th grade this year, and goes to the intermediate school. It is the school that has all the 5th thru 8th graders. Once again, I am a litttle torn on how I feel about this. It just means that she is getting older, and is growing up. I worry about the exposure to more mature, big kid, things. I worry that the teachers aren't with them the whole day, and that they are not being led to the lunch room, etc, and have to get there on their own. (I know she will be fine, but it is just another giant step in growing up). She is a very responsible girl, with a good head on her shoulders, she will be fine. She is excited for this, but also a little nervous to be going to another school.

Jake will be 2nd grade this year. When I asked him if he was excited, he said, "no, I already know what school is like". He cracks me up. He doesn't have any of his friends in his class, so I think that may have a little to do with his melancholy attitude. He will do great, he has a charisma to him, likes to be social, and is a clown in class. He doesn't get into too much trouble, so he will be great!

So, big stuff tomorrow for the kiddos. (and for mom) I have a feeling that as the bus pulls away from my drive way, that a tear, or two, may fall from the corner of my eye. It happened that way with Amaya too. It was very unexpected, but it just happened. They are my babies, I love them with all my heart, and they are growing up. I wonder how it will be when they are in high school. Craziness, I am sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment