Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Frowning Tulips


The tulips were frowning this morning because it is too cold!

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Introducing...


This is Peep and Mario, our new baby chicks. Amaya saw these last Saturday and hasn't stopped talking about them since. She then talked Grandpa into getting them, what a nice grandpa. For now, they are staying in our garage, but when they getbigger, they will go to Grandpa's. The kids are ecstatic!

Monday, April 28, 2008

More Hannah Montana


Amaya has become a fan of Hannah Montana. We have the Wii game of it, where she sings and dances to earn money to pick out outfits, etc for Hannah Montana. After Amaya plays, Ryan wants to play, he grunts and makes all kinds of noises until you give him the controllers of the game. He doesn't really do anything, but thinks he is actually playing the game. It is quite funny. He really will do this with any game that we happen to be playing, but this time it was Hannah Montana, so I took a pic. (blackmail photo for when he is a teen)

Oh my heaven, look who is 7


I really can't believe that Amaya is 7. Where did the time go? I remember her being so little and weighing her on the little baby scale that my sister gave me. She was so small. We weighed her so often, wanting to see her grow and checking her weight because she would never eat, and when she did eat, she would throw it back up. How fast the time has seemed to have gone.

Seven years, I still can't believe it. She is such a nice young lady, so loving, caring and sweet. She very often thinks of others and is so sensitive that she will cry about something that has never happened, but the possibility that it would upsets her. She is beautiful! Our only girl. She is so loving that she would sleep with us every night if we would let her. She would let Ryan sleep with her if we let him. She doesn't want Jake to sleep with her. He is too close in age and he gets on her nerves sometimes, like any little brother would, but she loves him, and they are the best of friends, even though at this point she will not admit it.
She loves animals, she has always loved them. She has never really played with dolls or barbies, it has always been animals. Starting with Jake's dinosaurs, the little people farm animals and Noah's ark animals. At 2 years old she discovered zebras after watching Racing Stripes. Since then she has wanted a zebra, and for years, she ran around on all fours pretending to be a zebra or a horse, not even kidding. After learning and understanding that zebras live in Africa and not here, she changed her love to horses. This LOVE hasn't changed yet. Each year, she has asked for a live horse for her birthday. Obviously, she has not received it. She has MANY horses to play with, but it just isn't the same.

Her room is in the basement and to get her to actually MOVE to the basement, I promised her pictures of zebras for her walls. She got them, and moved right in. She sleeps with her zebra blanket, horsey,and her zebra pillow every night. She even has to have them when sleeping at Grandpa's house. There have even been a few nights that Grandpa shows up to pick up these forgotten items at 11pm so that she can fall asleep. These things are her LOVES.

She is definitely a nature lover... the animals, bugs and plants. She really gets into our vegetable garden each year, with the planting, watching it grow, and then the harvesting. She loves getting the caterpillar eggs, then watching them hatch, grow and change into butterflies. She helps pull weeds and one of her favorite things about nature is finding something like a bean, acorn, or pod of some sort and picking out the seeds, she can seriously spend hours doing this.
It is amazing how much she has grown over the last seven years. I swear it was just one year ago that she was so small and dependent on us.
We love you Amaya and are proud of who you have already become. I pray for a future of love, health and happiness for you. You are wonderful!
This is Amaya and her Texas sheet cake. This was her request for her cake, as this is the only cake that she will eat.

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Fever

Two days without a fever for Ryan and counting!!! He is happy, active and is eating! Whoo hoo!

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Bzzzz..


I think that no matter how old or infirm I may become, I will always plant a large garden in the spring. Who can resist the feelings of hope and joy that one gets from participating in nature's rebirth? ~Edward Giobbi


Man, if I could just get paid to take photos like this, I would quit my job tomorrow. I love how you can see the pollen on his back leg.


These are the first bumble bees that I have seen this year. Such an exciting thing to see my flowers and bushes get pollenated by nature. I really love Spring and all the newness that comes with it.












In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt. ~Margaret Atwood

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Wednesday

Today is Wednesday and Ryan still continues with fevers. 101 yesterday and already today. Hmmm.... still has a bit of a congested cough and now the R eye lid and inner eye is a bit swollen and reddened. This started yesterday and there is no change today. I will just have to keep an eye on it.
We are thinking of buying some stock in Tylenol and Motrin.

Monday, April 21, 2008

Beep be

The binky (beep be), such a comfort item for Little Ryan. This thing has gotten so much use over the last 3 weeks with him always having a fever and cough. We thought that he was getting better. Last Thursday was a bad day for him, he just couldn't get happy. I finally had to take him for a walk at 730pm to get him to stop whining. Friday was a good day, then I had to work Sat and Sun, he woke up both nights in the night with a tight, frequent cough and needed breathing treatments. Scott said those days were good. I don't know what happened, but today after he got up, more fussing. I didn't know what his problem was. Whine, whine, whine, cuddle, carry him around and even then....more whining. I put him to bed at 1000, this is earlier than he has been going down. I figured, he must be tired from the weekend, (playing in the yard all Saturday, then to Imagination Station on Sunday). When he awoke from his nap, I thought he felt warm. No, he can't have a fever again. I'll just take it in the ear......100.1. You have got to be kidding me, seriously. I am so frustrated. He was 100.6 rectal. 



I guess that I am figuring that maybe he has Mono again. He had it before and had fevers for 3 weeks. What else could it be. Everything seems like it is viral, so that is my conclusion. He is still in pretty good spirits, and once the Motrin kicks in, he gets along just fine.








See....back to making messes already!

Princess Day?

I came out of my room to find Jake and Ryan hiding behind the chair. This usually means that Jake is up to something. He comes out from behind the chair all proud that he did his own make up with Amaya's make up kit. He is so beautiful.
After the make up episode, which he had to wash off so he could go to school, he found some nail polish in the cupboard. I found him hiding in the bathroom with this. Then he asked if he could put it on. Of course you can! You have to go do it at the table with a place mat, so off to the table he went.

Snaggle Tooth



Amaya has been working on this tooth for weeks. It has slowly been getting looser and lately she has been able to rock the tooth a little. Last night, (I was working) she told Scott that she wanted to get the tooth out tonight. She worked diligently in the bathroom in front of the mirror for hours. When I called to check on everyone last night, she was so excited to tell me that she could turn the tooth around. When I got home, there was a little girl sleeping in my bed without her top front tooth. She was so excited to show me, but couldn't wake up to tell me. This morning she was ecstatic!



This is the note that Amaya left for the toothfairy: Dear Toothfairy, Are you friends with the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus? Because my teacher wants to know. What do you look like?
Your Friend Amaya
Reply: Dear Amaya, Yes I am friends with the Easter Bunny and Santa, I see them at the holiday festivals that we have. I have red sparkly hair and shiny wings. I have a beautiful ball gown and a wand. Keep up the great work of taking care of your teeth!
Your Friendly Toothfairy.

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Caution, causes an awe.

Amaya came to lay next to me this morning as she always does when she doesn't have school.

A: I love you Momma.

M: I love you too!

A: Know how much I love you?

M: How much?

A: I love you from one side of space to the other side of space.

M: That's a lot!

A: I know, because space never ends. That's a lot of love.

Awe, I love it when the kids say stuff like this.

Friday, April 18, 2008

Dirt Balls


Holy Dirt Balls!!!! Scott rented a power raker today, we have never rented one before, but we figured it would help jump start a great lawn for the summer. After power raking the extremely DRY lawn, it needed to be raked up, or mowed in our case. Wow, the dirt was flying. Because it was awesome out today, of course, the kids wanted to be out too.
Everyone got extremely dirty. Jake was just following the mower around, which was a huge dust ball. 

Scott, of course got the brunt of it, but the dirt attached to EVERYONE.









Jake couldn't be happier, he is all boy and loves the dirt. Ryan is following closely in his footsteps.















At this point, Ryan had enough, so it was off to the showers with him, then the rest of the brood. 

This is not a farmers tan on Scott, it is his dirt line. Gross!








Thursday, April 17, 2008

Rye Guy

I just can't believe how fast Ryan is growing. He is almost 19 months. He is such a great little guy that makes us laugh and melts our hearts with his infectious smile. He is really starting to talk a lot more lately and tries to repeat what ever you say.

Things he says regularly:

TANK OOH ( THANK YOU)

DAY GO OR GO GO (FOR DIEGO THE SHOW-THEN HE SMILES)

UP

GO

DOWN

COOKIE

EAT

JOOSE (JUICE)

BEEPBEE (BINKY)

NIGHT NIGHT

BA (BALL)

PA PA

BYE & BA BA (BUB BYE)

HI

UH OH

KAK AH (CRACKER)

JAKE

I am sure that there are more, but I can't think of them right now.

His favorite thing to do is to follow Jake around and try to do whatever Jake is doing. He also loves the bath, or any water, he plays with trucks (and even makes sounds), he likes to be read to, he loves to be pushed in this cheap doll stroller by Amaya, stacking blocks, LOVES to play chase, and to be outdoors. Another thing he does is while walking around the house, he makes monster or dinosaur roars, then he laughs at himself. He is so funny!

103.7

I brought Ryan up to work yesterday afternoon, he had a temp of 103.7 upon awakening from his nap. The Motrin hadn't even worn off yet. I wanted one of the docs to check in his ears because he has been congested for over two weeks and is at risk for an ear infection. He is also at risk of pneumonia because of the flu and because of the mild asthma that he has. Stu looked in his ears and they were fine, but thought it best to get a chest xray because of the high temp to rule out pneumonia. This meant that I had to actually register him to be seen in the ER, rats! Now the copay of $50.00, but at this point, I don't even care, I just want him better. The chest xray came back clear, so no pneumonia. He said that it is probably still the flu.......I understand, but if this continues to the end of the week I am going to call and see if he can get some antibiotics. His cough is beginning to not sound so tight and congested, but still continues the fevers. He is still sleeping right now and it is after 0800, this tells me that he is still feeling bad, because he never sleeps this long!

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

2 Dads

On the way to school with Jake, Dawson, and Charles (I carpool).

Jake talking to Dawson: I have two dads.

Dawson: I only have one.

Mom has to ask: Jake, what do you mean when you say you have two dads? (as this is news to me)

Jake: You know, Grandpa is Dad's dad, so, he is my dad too!

Alright then, I just had to make sure.

What the H E double hockey sticks?

What the?? Hell-o operator, give me number nine, and if you disconnect me...I'll kick you from behind the fridgerator...there was a piece of glass...miss Suzie fell upon it.. and broke her little ...asssk me no more questions, tell me no more lies, lies, lies, lies, lies... (now sing this with a tune)
I remember doing this little ditty with my friends and sister when I was in grade school, you did it as you were doing those clapping hands things that girls do with each other. This is so random, but this am I was thinking ....What the???.. as I had to wake Ryan up at 9am to bring Jake go school. He never sleeps in this late, then when I woke him up, he felt like a hot rock. Yup!! Temp of 102.2...So, What the????? (temps started 11 days ago- Galvin said it was a virus last Friday when we went in) This is too long!!
He still has a very congested cough. I guess this is still the flu virus. But, I am going to want some antibiotics if this continues much longer.

PS, maybe it is just his teeth....?

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Lost & Found

Look what I found today....
I am not that happy about this. 
Obviously this has been somewhere in my house since Easter, which was about month ago! Yuck! Apparently it never got found when the kids were playing easter egg hunt. 
Posted by Picasa

$$


The kids are starting to feel better, no fevers for 3 days now. Whoo Hoo! They still have runny noses and a congested cough, but I will take that without complaint. Everyone is back to school and we are back to regular schedules. It is nice. Sunday was another unexpected nice day and we played outside most of the day. It is great to get the kids back outside and to enjoy nature.

Amaya and Jake have been offered a job. They can pick the acorns out of the garden for the going rate of .01 cent per acorn. We have TONS of acorns all over our yard, and the garden area is the worst! Jake made out with $ 2.36 and Amaya made $1.57. They are very excited about their money. (We have never really given them money before, we just put it in their piggy banks)

Amaya is saving up for Horseland horses (cartoon on Saturdays), and Jake is just saving his. It was so cute to see Amaya put her money in her wallet and purse, then to walk around with it all day. She is like a little lady.
Hopefully they will learn how to handle, earn/invest and appreciate what and how they make their money for when they are older. I think this is such an important thing to teach a child.

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Sick Again :(

Today is Thursday. All week Ryan has been sick. Now, today, Jake woke up with a fever. I was in denial all day with it and brought him to crazy bounce (I didn't want to renig on it). Tonight his temp was 101.3. Arrgh!!! He has had the same cough as Ryan since last week. I hope this isn't the flu, but I really think it is! Is it possible to get influenza A, then to get influenza B in the same season. That is WRONG! It doesn't seem right. Nasty, Nasty bug!!
It is crazy that something so little that needs to be magnified can cause such an upset in a person. This pic is of a flu virus.

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Mmmmmmmmmm.......





Amaya is such a picky eater, she has always been picky!
It is very hard to get her to try new things. Her latest love: "chicken on the bone" AKA fried chicken. To watch her eat this grosses me out. I like chicken, but like to get a chicken breast as to not get any tendons, cartilage or veins of any sort. Yuck! We got KFC on a whim last fall and couldn't believe our eyes watching her eat this. She absolutely loves it! As you can see, she eats it all the way down to the bone. I don't want to say anything to her, because I want her to always try new things and learn to like them on her own, but yuck! I guess a little tendons and veins never hurt anyone, right?



She is so proud!

Poor Little Butter


Poor little butter, still feels bad. He has had fevers since Saturday. That is 5 days now!! He still continues with congestion and a raspy, tight cough so we continue with the albuterol nebulizer treatments and motrin/tylenol. (plus Tamiflu) I had to call in this week, I don't want to because we get points for it, but what do you do? I can't bring him to day care, plus, he wants his mom. He really is a cuddle bug right now, and thank God for the Baby Einstein videos that he has been watching. They keep him calm during the breathing treatments.

Today I tried painting with him. Crayola has these pre filled weeble looking paint things, great for an 18 month old. Painting didn't work, just like crayons, he puts them in his mouth. One after the other, he had to try the colors, first blue, then red, then I took them away. You can't redirect him about eating these, he just wants to suck on them. Forget coloring or painting with these. I will have to try again later with him.

This is Ryan after being told "No" after sucking the red paint. Sad little butter. 

Here is the blue paint mouth.

Nurses Rock!


This is a random post, just a reminder, inspired my Angie's most recent post:

No comments:

Post a Comment