Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Thursday, February 28, 2008


Who needs a fork, anyways?





It is too civilized to use a fork, why not your hand, or just put the bowl to your mouth. It is much easier that way. What a funny little guy Ryan is. He brings us so much joy with all his smiles and laughter.

Wednesday, February 27, 2008


"I'm trying to catch the moon"

Ok, so today is the first day in 8 days that Jake hasn't had a fever. Phew! We went to the med center on Monday night and he was diagnosed with influneza A, no big suprise. (Yes- he did get the flu vaccine this year!) Just can't figure out why he has these continued fevers. Usually the fevers only last like 3 days with this illness, leave it to my kids to be the "not the norm" for the illness. So, we continue the neb treatments and motrin as needed (I cross my fingers for no fever today). Amaya went back to school today. After her diagnosis of strep, then a rash after the first dose of Zithromax, she is on Amoxicillin (bubble gum medicine to us) and couldn't be happier. Ryan is doing well, just needs to get rid of the runny nose and cough now. (I am sure he has influenza too...he is the one who gave it to Jake)

One week ago, Wednesday night, after picking up Amaya from my parents, the moon was just HUGE. It was beautiful. Amaya kept talking about it all the way home. "Is it a blue moon, mom? We must have full moons every Wednesday, right mom?"..... and the conversation went on. She then talked about the summers and when we go out at night and lie on a big sleeping bag and just look up at the stars and the moon. We have done this since she was just little, we now do it with Jake, and I am sure we will do it with Ryan this summer. It is such a simple, great memory to have. I cherish moments like these. When we got home, she kept looking out the window at the moon. She held her hands up to the window towards the moon with her fingers in a C position. I asked her, "what are you doing?" "I am trying to catch the moon," she replied.




That night there was a lunar eclipse. I tried to catch some shots, but don't have a lens that will get a great shot, plus it is hard to keep the camera still in the dark light when the shutter has to stay open for that amount of time. This is a picture of the moon that Amaya was trying to catch that night.






Monday, February 25, 2008


More outside pics








Let the sunshine in!






What a beautiful day it was on Sunday. The sun was shining and it was quite warm in comparison to the last few weeks. Amaya had a bad sore throat in the morning, but felt alright during the day, Jake had no fever (now he has a congested cough and receiving neb treatments), and Ryan is feeling much better (still has a runny nose and congested cough-but hey, much better). So we all decided to go outside. Loved it! We haven't all spent much time together outside this winter, so it was great. The snow in the backyard was so deep, that the kids wouldn't even go back there, and there were hardly any animal tracks. We usually have tons of animal prints to explore, but even they didn't want to venture out in the deep snow. Funny.

Now today is Monday, Amaya still had a sore throat, so home AGAIN from school. I brought her to the doc today and she is positive for strep-again! This is her second bout since the beginning of school. I don't know why she gets strep so easily. I have never had strep in my life (knock on wood). Once again, I am so sick of all this sickness! I do feel bad for her, as she still doesn't feel well. Hopefully she will recover very quickly and no one else will get this.
I LOVE my icicle pics. I think the color is really cool. My dad doesn't quite "get" a picture that doesn't have a person in it, but I think it is cool and I am quite proud of it! He doesn't always get a lot of things I do. I am occasionally trying to go out and do new stuff with my camera, well not so much new stuff, but artsy stuff again. I used to do this kind of stuff before marriage and kids, but didn't have the greatest camera. Still don't have a professional camera, but definitely nicer than the last. Who knows, maybe someday it will be a really, really cool, professional camera. I can dream, can't I.

Saturday, February 23, 2008


Nothing that is for real funny.

I'd like to leave a nice blog, but don't have much time. Amaya and I are both sick now. So sick of all this sickness. I hear my tummy rumbling while running to the bathroom as if it is really LAUGHING at me. "Ha Ha, you have to run again!" I KNOW that is what it is saying. It's NOT funny!

Wednesday, February 20, 2008


Grape Lady

Can I link a video? I seriously was cracking up listening to this lady moan. How bad am I?
STOP!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9UA-JSBm90&feature=related

Oh...to be a dad.

It is always funny to me how men come in and scoop up a sick one and act like a hero after Mom has been with the sick child all day. At least that is how it seems in our house. I leave the house for one hour and Scott has Jake, who's last temp at 3:30 was 103.8 and has been on the couch since 2:00, well enough to eat dinner. Mind you, he hasn't eaten anything all day. "He ate some string cheese, an apple, and don't for get that he drank some BLUE gatorade." No need to remind me, as I have now been home all of five minutes and I am already having flashbacks to this morning, except everything is blue! Yup! He vomited, all over the couch, in the crack, and once again all over the living room floor. Have fun with that Scott! I already did my duty. Come on Jake, let's go cuddle, you poor little punkin.

Oh...To be a mom.


We go get Jake up each night before we go to bed so he can pee one last time. Scott came back to bed and said "Jake puked in his bed". Nice, now he's getting it like Ryan had it. Off to sleep we went. 0140am, waking me out of a dead sleep, "Mom, I threw up" says Jake. So off to Jake's room I went, cleaned up his bed, face, etc. Now I got him the "puke bucket", which I didn't realize that Scott hadn't gotten for him. (what's up with that?) OK buddy, back to sleep. Scott went and checked him this morning before he left, he comes in the room and says, "Jake threw up, it's a trail in the living room, bye!" Off to work he goes. Nice. So after a few minutes and everyone starting to stir in the house, I realize I only have a limited time that that needs to be cleaned up. Jake is up now, he stinks like throw up. "Lie on the couch buddy". So, I investigate the damage........ The is a trail of thick brown stuff in the living room. There are a few spots in Jake's room on the carpet, then I go to check the bathroom... Holy cow, it smells like an outhouse in here! A pair of Jake's jammie bottoms on the rug, filled with diarrhea, 2 piles of the same brown stuff on the rug that is now smeared in. A liquid with wet toilet paper on the tile around the toilet....Now it's sinking in... that isn't puke on the carpet, it's POOP!!

Out comes the paper towel, bucket of cleaning water, rubber gloves, woolite scrubber. Now Ryan is crying that he wants out of bed, Amaya is walking around, and there is still poop on my floor. I scrub up the living room, now on to Jake's room, clean the carpet, then realize there is more on his blue rug. I rolled it up, put it in the laundry room. Now Amaya went and got Ryan out of bed and kept him in his room with the door shut. He is crying, he wants out and wants his mommy. Mommy is all gloved up and up to her elbows in poop. "Keep him in there Amaya."

"Mom, I thought the toilet was going to explode," I hear Jake say as I am cleaning up everything. That means one thing to me.......The toilet overflowed. Arrgh!!! The bathroom rug is soaked, there is more poop on the tiles and in the grout...scrub, scrub, scrub. Roll up the rug, pick up the trash can and start scrubbing the tiles. Now the toilet.. plunge the toilet, clean up the mess and I'm done right??? No, I look on the back of the door and on the door of the linen closet and there are spatters of poop. How did it get there? Seriously, some of the spatters are like 5 1/2 feet up. So I get some spray, clean that up, clean up more that is on the inside of the door jam and phew, I am all done with the poop mess. Yeh!!!

Ok Ryan, you can come out......you stink! Not even lying.

Oh, to be a mom, you gotta love it.

Monday, February 18, 2008


Such a sweet boy


I had to post this pic. I just love it. Ryan 16 mo.
His blankie and his binkie are his favorite things! He always has to know where his blankie is, as soon as he gets up from a nap, he points to it and has to have it. Once in his hands, he puts the silky side in his mouth and starts to walk around. He reminds me of Linus from Snoopy.
The binkie has become more of a permanent object since he has been sick the last 6 days. He definitely has it way more often than he used to, which was just to sleep. Whatever works, he is still our little baby.

1st Blog






Wow, I am not quite sure of this blogging stuff, since I don't know much about computers, but I am going to give it a try.


Ryan is finally starting to feel better, but Amaya had a bad headache today and stayed home from school. Now tonight she has a fever..Arrgh! Hopefully this won't reach Jake (the superhero).


Amaya sang in her school talent show last Monday, she did such a wonderful job! She really does have a beautiful voice. She is able to remember and even sing in the right pitch/tone! We are very proud of her, I can't believe that she just got up on stage all by herself to sing. I don't think I would be able to do that at my age, much less when I was six years old. The funny thing is that she is actually quite shy and can't even sing in front of her grandma, yet she will get on stage and sing in front of a whole crowd. Crazy girl!


No comments:

Post a Comment