Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Friday, December 19, 2008

Santa 2008


We went to see Santa last Saturday.

A couple of days before that Amaya had her friend, Shayna, over. Shayna told Amaya "the real Santa won't really be there. He is just one of the "helper" Santas. I know this because one time when I went to see santa, his beard looked weird and I pulled on it and it came off!"
Amaya remembers this kind of stuff really well, so we talked about it before we went to see Santa that day.

Mom: Amaya, are you going to pull on Santa's beard?

A: No, because what if he is the real Santa? It might hurt him.

When we got there and we were standing in line.

M: Amaya, what do you think? Are you going to pull on his beard?

A: No, his beard looks real, and I don't want to hurt him!

While she sat on his lap, Santa was telling her that Rudolph had brought him to the school, and that he was on the roof. He said that he had to be a "good" reindeer and stay out of view of the kids, or he wouldn't be able to go out Christmas Eve to help deliver the presents.

We were walking out of the school.

M: (looking back, over my shoulder to look on the roof) Amaya, should we look to see if we can see Rudolph?

A: (nervous and upset) NO, Mom, don't! If we see him, he will get in trouble and won't be able to help deliver the presents. What if there is fog that night? He needs to guide the sleigh, and I don't want him to get in trouble. (seriously near tears, and mad at me for trying to see him)

Such a dear heart! (last year, she threw up in her mouth on this very same santa!!)








Amaya reassuring a scared Jake that Santa is nice.
Jake gets a little shy around new people, even if it is Santa.



Ryan never even cried!! Brave little boy!



Volleyball

Jake came in my room the other morning, and woke me up with this:

J: Mom, wouldn't it be cool if I could just roll into a ball and you and Daddy could toss me back and forth like you were playing volleyball?

M: Yes Jake, that would be cool!

Thursday, December 11, 2008

That's my girl!

I sent a note to Amaya's teacher this morning regarding her ride home today....this is the response that I got from her. It is just a nice thing to hear from someone who isn't family!


Got it, Thanks!
(What a great girl you have!!) :)

From: LESLEY FISHER [mailto:fisherlands@sbcglobal.net] Sent: Thursday, December 11, 2008 8:15 AM
ToRebecca Clauss
Subject: bus amaya

Hi Becky,
Amaya will be riding the bus home with Allison Brown today. She knows already, and didn't want me to send a note, she wanted me to email you.
Thanks.
Lesley

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Letter To Family





Letter written by Amaya as an assignment in class:
Dear Family,
Who was your teacher? My favorite part about school is the lunch! My second favorite part about school is music! My most favorite part about school is..compliments! I love you Mom, Dad, Ryan, Jake, Grandma, Grandpa, Aunts, Uncles, Granny, Papa, Gidget, Peppy, and TJ. PS. I know how to spell MSS I will spell it for you and correctly Mississippi. I spelled it correctly didn't I? I will spell it again! Mississippi ! Know why I know it so well? Because my dad mad a song about it. It goes like this Mississippi! I love my family so much!

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Heck Yeah, I'll take my triage.


Heck yeah, I'll take my triage. This is something that I rarely want to pass up when I am at work, especially when I get to work with my friend Julie. It isn't always the better way to go, but sometimes (it's like a gamble) you get to sit and actually have a few sentences of a conversation while at work. Rarely, but sometimes!

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Summertime Santa

What do you think that Santa does in the summer on his down time??







Jake: He just sleeps.

















Amaya: Well, I think he swims in the pool, and maybe has a hot tub. Maybe he plays with his reindeer, and takes rides, just for fun, in his sleigh.













Ryan: What? Who's santa, and what is summertime??

Should have stayed home.

Jake, 5 yrs old, Mrs. Ward's young 5's class.
After reading the story of the 3 little bears. The kids were asked what they would have done if they were Goldilocks......Jake said "I would have stayed home and watched TV!"
You can tell what the picture is after you read what he would have done.

No comments:

Post a Comment