Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Skinner's Pool

Another awesome pool day!! Last week on Monday, we went to Linda and Skinny's house for some wonderful swim time. Heather was able to come up from Chicago, so once again, all the high school girls (and Skinny) could get together and just hang out. Of course, this time, we had our kids with us. They all had a ball swimming in the Skinner's beautiful pool!
Time for a popsicle snack, yummy!!!



What a beautiful time we had. It is so neat to see us all together with all of our kids. It still amazes me when I think that it has been over twenty years since we started building our friendships with each other.

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Wild Things

I just gave the boys a bath and Ryan is running around in a towel all wrapped up. It is so cute, he looks like such a big boy, yet is so small running around.

Mom: He is so cute, just look at him. Isn't he so cute?

Jake: Mom, can I eat him up?

M: What?

J: Can I eat him up so he is in a bunch of pieces and I can tuck him in my heart? I just love him so much.

M: Jake, he is already in your heart. You don't need to eat him up.

This just melts my heart. Jake says some of the funniest things, but he is such a little dear heart.

"Oh please don't go- we'll eat you up- we love you so!" -Where the Wild Things Are

Such a great book, it was one of my favorite books growing up. I love that Jake is able to remember things like this and use them in our every day life. Such simple things like this come from his love of being read to. There are very few nights that Jake actually goes to bed without having books read to him, and I hope he grows up with a love for reading.

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Vroon's


Sonya came up from St. Joseph today for a little visit. It is always so great to see her, and to see the babies. I only get to see them every few months and it seems like the time has just flown by. Logan already walks at 11 months, and Avery is already crawling at only 6 months. Wow, 2 babies on the move, I could only imagine all of the busy work.
Anyways, my boys were all over those babies, and in a good way. Both boys were so gentle and loving towards them. I was a little worried about Ryan, but he was so good. He didn't like to share all of his toys, but he LOVED the babies, and kept saying "baby".
Ryan loving on Avery, then giving her actual kisses.
Jake, loving on Avery.









Logan



Avery




Peace

I love a sleeping child. It is a sign of peace to me.





Impromptu Pompa Do's














Last Wednesday, before work, I sent Amaya in the bathroom to get ready. When I went to check on her to see if she was ready yet, I noticed that she had gotten Ryan ready instead of herself. She did his hair. This is funny, because I can just imaging Ryan holding really still to get his hair done. You know he was completely into it. What a great sister to spend some "hair salon" time with her little brother.


The finished product!

Proud little cosmetologist. Maybe she will grow up to be like her Aunt Lisa and do hair.

Minor in possession

Last Sunday, I was going through Jake's old clothes, trying to find shorts pajamas to fit Ryan. I was in the storeroom for quite a while, of course, with Ryan at my side. He was still playing in there, while I was checking some stuff on the computer....and he came out with a beer in hand.

I thought this was quite funny, because Scott and I are such BIG drinkers. (just kidding-we hardly ever have beer in our fridge, which is why it is in the basement)
Apparently, Ryan has figured out how to open the refrigerator and I am NOT happy about it. Although, he is quite proud!

I think, this must feel good on his teeth and tongue...the cold beer can.
Ryan wasn't very fond of me putting it back in the fridge and taking it away from him. I cringe at the thought of his first drink..... which I am sure will be when he is 21, right? (and he of course will have a designated driver)



So, after fighting with him for a while, and getting sick of the screams. I walked away and started back on the computer. He proceeded to take the beer back out of the REAL fridge and hide it from me in his PLAY kitchen. I had to laugh out loud. What a smart little cookie!

So little time

We have been very busy for the last 2 weeks, just enjoying the summer, finally. Much pool time, visiting with friends, and yard work. I am trying to re-do my garden areas. I am moving stuff around, etc. I am having fun doing it, but it is a lot of work.
I have 2 blogs in the edit stage, but need to do the journaling on them.....but I want to be outside in the garden, or am doing something else....so right now, the other stuff is taking precedence. More blogs to come later;)

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Watcha thinkin' about?

M: Jake, what are you thinking about right now?

J: I am thinking about how I can break down my wall in my room to get to the secret passage way that leads to my REAL light saber!

Last night at dinner Jake was telling us all about his secret passage way in his room behind the wall where his light saber is.......You know, I almost believe him!





M: Amaya, what are you thinking about right now?

A: Uh, I don't know...

M: You're just lying here right now, what is going through your head?

A: Ah, Zack and Cody.

M: You mean "The Secret Life of Zack and Cody? (a show on Disney)

A: Ya

M: What about them?

A: Ah.....I forgot!

Monday, July 21, 2008

Aunt Lisa's

Last year, my mom and sister, Lisa went to Germany with Patrick's mom and sister. Patrick's family is originally from there, so they still had family and friends there. They had a wonderful time and met some really great people. This year, three of the people that they did many things with, while in Germany, came out here to visit. My sister had a little beach party at her house as kind of a welcoming thing last Saturday. The weather was kind of dreary, but the kids didn't seem to mind and still had a ball just playing in the water.

Picture with Granny and Papa.







Ryan and Papa eating cake.


Scott and Dad, watching all the kids.



































Jake learning how to skin board with Conner's board. In the background is Amaya swimming, and that is where she stayed, so I don't have many pics of her. 





















Ryan and Daddy playing. Ryan is a little timid when it comes to the water. He will go in after a while.



Here, Ryan is actually drinking the gross lake water off his hand.



Daddy pulling him out of the dirty drinking water.





When Amayaheard something about tubing, she was the first to ask if she could go, so she and Paige went first. AmayaLOVED it!!


Ryan's attempt at skin boarding.


The kids found a turtle, which is funny, because Jake has been asking for a pet turtle lately. He wanted to keep it as soon as the thing was found. I said, sure, we can keep it, but as soon as it made it's way back into Cole's hands. He let it go. Who knew he was such a softy when it came to animals. Awe!


More beach fun. TJ. Taylor and Jake.













Cole, Mark and Amaya hanging on the float. Amaya is the jumper.










Here I am....Amaya.


The boys sitting in the pontoon boat.


All the grand kids, except Tiffany, she had to work.
Here we are with Timo, Klaus, and Lisa's neighbor, Beth. Klaus made us all a drink that is very popular in Germany. It is called Pitu. It is what they call a "short drink" and is one of the very few drinks that they actually drink with ice. It is made with limes, small amount of brown sugar and this Pitu. It didn't taste very good, kind of a very limey kamikaze. "The Germans" are staying in the US for 3 weeks, then will go back to Germany.
In Germany, it is their tradition, with the first drink, you always do "cheers". So....Cheers!



Me with all my siblings...Mark, Lisa (Aleschia), and Heidi.

Sunday, July 20, 2008

What are you thinking about?

What are you thinking about????

That is such a great question. It is one that I have asked Amaya and Scott many times, but never Jake. I will definitely do this. I am pretty sure Ryan's answer will be "UGH", or bankie (blankie), or binky....Amaya's will be something that will be of horse content, and Jake....well you just never know!

More to follow after I actually ask the question.

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Rainbows

Jake: Hey Mom..

Mom: Ya, Jake?

J: Did you know that once you have rainbow teeth, that you don't need to brush your teeth anymore?

M: No, in fact, I have never heard of rainbow teeth.

J: Ya, if you brush your teeth really, really, really good, then you get diamonds, then they turn into rainbow teeth. That means that you don't need to brush them anymore, ever! Then if the rainbow goes away, then you need to start brushing them again.

M; Okay, we'll have to watch out for those rainbows then, won't we?

J: Yup!!

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Poolside


We were poolside today, again, at Renae's. Ryan is starting to really enjoy the water. He has been a little apprehensive the last few times, but today was doing his grunt to get back into the water.
He finds the goggles, hands them to me and talks in his own language, telling me to put them on his head. Then he smiles and walks off. He wants to wear them because Jake and Amaya wear them and he just HAS to be like his big bro and sis!
It is such a feeling of relief to have him in all of this floaty gear. I know he looks silly, but this way, he is able to stay afloat with his head up in case he falls in. This little guy is fast, so better to be prepared, than sorry.

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Itty Bittys

Amaya and I were on our way to GH to deliver some caterpillar eggs, and decided that we should stop and get some fresh milkweed for our teeny tiny little caterpillar that hatched yesterday.Amaya, within 30 seconds, found a little caterpillar which is only a few days old. Then we saw another patch of milkweed and decided that we should look really quick, and once again, she found another caterpillar. She has such a keen eye for these!

When looking for caterpillars, sometimes it helps to look at milkweed that has tiny holes in them as shown above. It is from a itty bitty caterpillar eating......for example...

(warning, objects are smaller than they appear in the picture)














These pics are actually the bigger of the two that we found tonight, but we gave the smaller to Caity to enjoy (along with some eggs) with her kids!
This is a pic of the caterpillar that hatched yesterday. If you look really close, you can see the hairs on it.
What a big head you have Mr. Caterpillar!!

No comments:

Post a Comment